Development and Fundraising Internship
NOTE -- We are currently not taking Internship Applications.
Work with Development Director to facilitate all development responsibilities.
- SPECIAL EVENTS. Work to support all special events of the aquarium including Scales & Tails Gala, donor recognition and cultivation events and government relations events. Support promotion, attendance, program and fiscal management of all special events. Assist in recruiting, training, and motivating sufficient quality men and women to make the events successful. Assist in achievement of agreed upon goals for net dollars raised on each event.
- FOUNDATION GRANT WRITING. Work to support the identification of prospective private, corporate and government foundation. Conduct foundation research to find those foundations that might have the greatest propensity for supporting aquarium operations. Assist in the writing of letters of inquiry, proposals and other necessary documents to facilitate foundation requirements.
- RECORD KEEPING. Facilitate the accurate keeping of all contact reports, donations, recognitions and cultivation activities.
- MODE OF OPERATION. Represent the aquarium in a positive way. Work cooperatively with leadership, coworkers, and others. Be able to make and keep commitments, completing assignments on time. Effectively manage time and organize work to achieve expected results. Be efficient at backdating and planning. Use innovation and adaptability to be most effective. Use all available resources efficiently. Accept coaching and skill development. Be able to communicate expectations to others and manage several projects simultaneously.
Hold a high school degree, 18 years of age. Have an interest in nonprofit fund raising or business management. Successfully complete the interview process.
Materials and Equipment Used:
Will operate regularly a motor vehicle, computer, and other general office equipment.
Physical Activities/ Mental Demand :
Reaching, standing, walking, lifting, fingering, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, lifting in excess of 50 pounds. Reading, detail work, confidentiality, problem solving, language, stress, reasoning, verbal communication, written communication, customer contact, multiple concurrent tasks, and constant interruptions.
Worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Competition of 150 Hours or more in 15 weeks.
- Completion of Final Project
- Completing of Presentation
- The Living Planet Aquarium Internship Application
- Cover Letter
The Living Planet Aquarium
Whether you have 1 hour, 1 day or an entire lifetime, we have a volunteer position for you!