Volunteer Services at the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium
What do the Ocean, Utah, Amazon Rainforest and YOU have in common? Find out today by becoming an adult volunteer at the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium. You don’t have to be an oceanographer or marine biologist – everyone is welcome! If you meet the age requirement and are able to commit just 5 hours a month (or 60 hours a year), our experts will help train you to do the rest.Some of the benefits of volunteering include:
- The chance to inspire people to explore, discover and learn about Earth’s diverse ecosystems
- Meet new people and make new friends (with and without claws, feathers and scales)
- A close look at how we care for our plants and animals
- Thanks and smiles from guests around the globe
- Free access to the aquarium while volunteering
- Giving back to this community and state that we love
Volunteer PositionsThe Loveland Living Planet Aquarium needs assistance in the following areas:
- Exhibit Interpretation – Engage guests of all ages and places in learning about aquatic life
- Note that volunteers must have at least 60 hours in the public area of the Aquarium, and complete any additional training required for their area of interest before interviewing for other volunteer positions.
- Education Specialist – Share your knowledge during tours, field trips and special events
- Animal Husbandry – Support our husbandry team (some animal interaction)
- Horticulture Assistant – Provide care for all of our beautiful plants
- Dive Support – Assist our Animal Husbandry staff with SCUBA diving needs (wet and dry)
- See Volunteer FAQ for requirements
- Please note that we do not need Volunteer Support Divers at this time. Updates coming soon.
Contact Volunteer Services
Volunteer Commitment and Application
To apply for a volunteer position, please review the following criteria. If you can agree to all of the below items, click the "I Agree" button to access the online application.
- I am at least 16 years or older, or I am at least 14 and an adult guardian will volunteer with me
- I am a U.S. citizen, or hold a current work visa, student visa or green card
- I am dependable and will adhere to all LLPA policies
- I will commit to at least 60 hours per year, just 5 hours a month
- I will attend orientation, trainings and team meetings
- I am willing to pay $20.00 (non-refundable) for a shirt, background screening and filing fee
- Volunteering is an unpaid position
To learn more about a variety of volunteer opportunities click on the links below.
Whether you have 1 hour, 1 day or an entire lifetime, we have a volunteer position for you.