Developed specifically for 6th grade, this outreach program explores stability and changes in ecosystems using inquiry based learning, hands on activities, and our Animal Ambassadors. This program is free to public/charter 6th grade classes in Utah.
Classroom Application/Core Curriculum
Developed specifically for 6th grade, this FREE 55 minute per class outreach program explores stability and changes in ecosystems using inquiry based learning, hands on activities and our Animal Ambassadors.
Students have the opportunity to interact with our Animal Ambassadors that may include:
- Argentine black and white tegu
- Bredli carpet python
- African pygmy hedgehog
- Giant cave cockroach
- Three-banded armadillo
- School must be within a 90 minute drive from Loveland Living Planet Aquarium
- A room that is wheelchair accessible with a door that closes and free of classroom pets (fish are ok)
- Educators must stay in presentation room for the duration of our visit
- An adult representative must be in the presentation room during the presentation
- At least one electrical outlet
- No other activities occurring in the presentation room during presentations
- This program is only offered to public and charter schools in Utah
Because we visit on a rotational schedule, we will contact you when it is our year to visit your students.
For questions please email: email@example.com