Developed specifically for 2nd grade, this FREE 55 minute (per class) outreach program creates an experience as students meet ambassador animals from various tropical rainforest habitats around the world. Students will explore the roles each animal plays in their habitat by investigating the structure and function of the animal’s body and features. This program is also available virtually.
Classroom Application/Core Curriculum
2nd Grade Science Standard 4
Strand 2.2: LIVING THINGS AND THEIR HABITATS
Students have the opportunity to interact with our Animal Ambassadors that may include:
- Madagascar Hissing Cockroach
- Giant Cave Roach
- White’s Tree Frog
- Blood Python
- Rainbow Boa Constrictor
- Ball Python
- Blue Tongued Skink
- Leachianus Gecko
- Crested Gecko
- School must be within a 90 min drive from Loveland Living Planet Aquarium
- A room that is wheelchair accessible with a door that closes and free of classroom pets (fish are ok).
- Educators must stay in presentation room for the duration of our visit
- An adult representative must be in the presentation room during the presentation
- At least one electrical outlet
- No other activities occurring in the presentation room during presentations
- This program is only offered to public and charter schools in Utah
Because we visit on a rotational schedule, we will contact you when it’s our year to visit your students.
For questions please email: email@example.com