Developed specifically for 4th grade, our 55 minute per class FREE outreach program explores the importance of water in Utah. Teachers choose from two program options: Wonders of the Water Cycle or Investigating Utah’s Wetlands. Education Presenters discuss the water cycle, as well as the role that wetlands play in our environment, and how water affects animal life.
Classroom Application/Core Curriculum
Wonders of the Water Cycle: 4th Grade Science Standard 1 – Students will understand that water changes state as it moves through the water cycle.
Investigating Utah’s Wetlands: 4th Grade Science Standard 5 – Students will understand physical characteristics of Utah’s wetlands, forests, and deserts and identify common organisms for each environment.
Students have the opportunity to interact with our Animal Ambassadors that may include:
- Garter Snake
- Gopher Snake
- Tiger Salamander
- Woodhouse’s Toad
- Red-spotted Toad
- King Snake
- A room that is wheelchair accessible with a door that closes and free of classroom pets (fish are ok).
- Educators must stay in presentation room for the duration of our visit
- An adult representative must be in the presentation room during the presentation
- At least one electrical outlet
- No other activities occurring in the presentation room during presentations
- This program is only offered to public and charter schools in Utah
Because we visit on a rotational schedule, we will contact you when it is our year to visit your students.
For questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org