Developed specifically for 2nd grade, this FREE 55 minute per class outreach program creates an experience as students “travel” across continents identifying locations of tropical rainforests around the world and meeting our amazing animal ambassadors from all around the globe.
Classroom Application/Core Curriculum
2nd Grade Science Standard 4 – Life Science. Students will gain an understanding of Life Science through the study of changes in organisms over time and the nature of living things. The program is also based on Social Studies Standards 1 & 3.
Students have the opportunity to interact with our Animal Ambassadors that may include:
- Madagascar Hissing Cockroach
- Giant Cave Roach
- White’s Tree Frog
- Blood Python
- Rainbow Boa Constrictor
- Crocodile Skink
- Crested Gecko
- School must be within a 90 min drive from Loveland Living Planet Aquarium
- A room that is wheelchair accessible with a door that closes and free of classroom pets (fish are ok).
- Educators must stay in presentation room for the duration of our visit
- An adult representative must be in the presentation room during the presentation
- At least one electrical outlet
- No other activities occurring in the presentation room during presentations
Because we visit on a rotational schedule, we will contact you when it’s our year to visit your students.
For questions please email: email@example.com