VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AT THE AQUARIUM
Share your passion for our living planet, and help guests Explore, Discover, and Learn. Participants in the LLPA Volunteer Program are valuable members of our team. LLPA volunteers participate in a variety of roles, and are an integral part of daily operations, events, and special projects at the aquarium.
New Volunteer interviews are conducted on a quarterly basis in January, April, July, and October.
LLPA VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
Exhibit Interpreters share their passion and knowledge of the natural world with guests. They spark guest interest about the animals in our collection, the ecosystems they call home, and conservation. Volunteers helps strengthen the foundation of our organization.
- All participants begin in the LLPA Exhibit Interpreter Program
- You must be a minimum of 14 years of age to be an Exhibit Interpreter
- You must commit to serve a minimum of one full day shift or two half day shifts per month; approximately nine hours per month.
- There is a minimum six month commitment
- a $20.00 program fee is requested
- Free admission to the aquarium with volunteer ID
- Discounted admission tickets for guests visiting the aquarium with you
- Discounts int the cafe and Gift shop when in uniform
- Invitation to Aquarium Team events
After 60 hours in the Exhibit Interpreter Program, volunteers can apply to specialist positions. Each position is a unique opportunity to expand your knowledge, skills, and involvement with Aquarium Teams. Each position has a specific age and time requirements.
Do you have a unique skill outside of the areas listed above? Contact the Volunteer Services Coordinator to discuss opportunities.