Loveland Living Planet Aquarium is celebrating all things oceanic this year with our 2022 World Ocean Week celebration from Monday, June 6, through Sunday, June 12! Plan your visit to the Aquarium to learn what actions you can take to support the health of our Living Planet.
Follow our social media for more content throughout World Ocean Week.
WORLD OCEAN WEEK
World Ocean day is Wednesday, June 8, but we’re extending the celebration to a full week! By committing to small actions, we can protect vital marine ecosystems and keep our oceans healthy.
Visit the activity table in the Aquarium lobby to learn about ocean conservation with coloring pages and a stacking block challenge with our educators.
Keeping the ocean healthy is essential for a healthy planet. Make a pledge to help our global marine ecosystems by taking action in your own home.
Plan Your Visit
World Ocean Week is presented by:
Ways You Can Make a Difference
Everyone can influence change, no matter their age. Here are some ways you can make a difference based on your age.
3 – 16 YEARS
We can celebrate the world’s connected oceans every day by keeping the Earth and ocean clean with our actions. Follow along and make a difference with these simple actions:
- Don’t litter and if you see trash on the ground, pick it up.
- Make sure you recycle.
- Help pack your lunch in a reusable container.
- Choose coral-friendly sunscreens for use at the beach
17 YEARS AND UP
We can make every day World Ocean Day by making good choices that help coral reefs across the globe. Follow along and make a difference with these simple actions:
- Choose to eat sustainable seafood by using tools like the Seafood Watch website.
- Use and fill a reusable bottle with water instead of buying single-use disposable bottled water
- See what other disposable items used in everyday life can be replaced with a re-usable – think shopping bags, packing your daily meals, get creative!
- Visit coralrescue.org to support the Aquarium in restoring coral reefs in the Philippines.
Ocean-Friendly Sunblock helps keep harmful particles and chemicals out of the water and protects coral species. Here are guidelines for buying ocean-friendly sunblock.
- Key words to look for:
Biodegradable, Mineral Sunscreen, Non-nano particles
- Ingredients to avoid:
PABA (aminobenzoic acid)
Benzophenone-1 or -8
- Additives to avoid:
- Cruelty-free logos to look for: